***Please contact email@example.com if you would like to visit with a member of our staff. At this time a meeting may be virtual rather than in person due to COVID-19 restrictions and changing staff schedules.
Thank you for your continued interest in doing business with UOSA and your patience while we meet the ever changing challenges to keep our (and your) staff healthy and safe.***
Please see the Purchasing Department section of our Contact Us page for Purchasing Department contact information.
As part of the Finance Division, UOSA’s Purchasing Department is responsible for the acquisition of all goods, equipment and services, including professional services and disposal of all goods for the Upper Occoquan Service Authority. We strive to acquire the quality, quantity, and delivery required by our various divisions, at the best cost to UOSA. We are dedicated to providing quality customer service, to ensure integrity and compliance of procurement transactions, and operational excellence.
UOSA’s Capital Improvements Division is responsible for all of UOSA’s construction needs. UOSA’s Purchasing Department works hand in hand with both the Capital Improvements Division and Engineering & Technology Division and reviews the procurement specific portions of the bid documents, monitors the bid process, participates in pre-bid meetings and bid openings, and reviews the bid tabulations.
The Upper Occoquan Service Authority is a Charter Member of the National Institute of Governmental Purchasing (NIGP).
Purchasing Department Business Hours
7:30 AM – 4:00 PM
Please call for appointment.
The Purchasing Department
- Procures goods and services
- Provides inventory warehouse management
- Manages contracts
- Identifies cost-saving initiatives
- Oversees the establishment and implementation of efficient and effective purchasing policies and procedures
The Purchasing Department’s Goals
- Obtain high-quality goods and services at a reasonable cost
- Ensure that all procurement procedures be conducted in a fair and impartial manner with avoidance of any impropriety or appearance of impropriety
- Ensure all qualified vendors have access to public business and that no offer be arbitrarily or capriciously excluded
- Maintain a safe and efficient operation of the facility by providing timely purchases
- Maintain the integrity of the Purchase To Pay process by following the best professional purchasing practices in a manner that complies with all applicable laws and regulations